Hello Miami residents! Welcome to November. It’s me again, Carlos Hernandez, your host of the Miami Daily. Let’s start this new month on the right foot.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Clouds and sun with a shower. High: 80 Low: 75.
Here are the best stories today in Miami:
1. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis set the date for a special legislative session for November 15 to resume legislation to prevent vaccination warrants adopted by businesses. Governor Ron DeSantis said he plans to be a 2024 presidential candidate of the United States. (CBS Miami)
2. Attack on South Beach: Luis Carlos Herrera, 26 said he was beaten up and almost knocked out in South Beach because he’s gay. Surveillance video showed the friends of victims trying to help, but unable to help him. (WSVN)
3. One new report shows where do people move to Florida come from. The number one state with moving residents Florida is New York followed by Georgia, Pennsylvania, Ohio and California. (WFLA)
4. Change of service: Jackson West Medical Center swells other services as COVID-19 cases decline. The Women’s Center in Jackson West is also open and offers full obstetrics and gynecology services. (Miami today)
5. Maria Rodriguez, 23 released from prison on Saturday after police said she was responsible for a fatal hit and run this killed 17-year-old jogger in southwest Miami Dade county. (CBS Miami)
today Miami Daily is brought to you by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in Miami:
- Regularization council meeting – Town of Coral Gables. (9:00 a.m.)
- Miami-Dade Bar Hot Topics in Sports & Entertainment Lunch + Panel. (11:30 AM)
- Launch party: Festival of the book of life on paper. (4:00 p.m.)
- Relief printing workshop – Miami Beach Regional Library. (6:00 p.m.)
- Open air by candlelight: Celebration of DÃa De Los Muertos. (6.30 p.m.)
Miami Patch Notebook
- Miami Heat: âWe just have this Hustle & Flow MAYNE. #WINNERâ (Instagram)
- Miami Film Festival: Join us on 11/6 for the short film #GEMSFF: A DATE, WITH HISTORY by Gaspar GonzÃ¡lez, associated with a retrospective screening: ONE NIGHT IN MIAMI. GonzÃ¡lez has produced and directed documentary programs for PBS, BBC, ESPN and others. St … “(Facebook)
- Mayor Daniella Levine Cava: “Together, we’re not just propelling our recovery, we’re capitalizing on the moment of transformation that lies ahead – by investing in our workforce to diversify and strengthen our economy in a way that will pay dividends to residents in communities. years to come.” (Twitter)
- This : A Miami-based company is looking for front-end and full stack engineers. 3 years of experience required. We would like to hire local talent. DM me for JD. (Twitter)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Please follow and stay informed! See you tomorrow morning for your next update. If you like these newsletters, consider bringing some of your friends and neighbors into the fold. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Carlos hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the Carlos Eats Food Blog (http://www.carloseats.com) and I also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food blogs and articles.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Miami Daily? You can reach me at email@example.com.