Hello again, McKinney-Frisco! Important Update: All of you, as readers, have made the McKinney-Frisco Daily such a success that I am honored to announce the next phase of the newsletter. The fix is looking for a local writer and entrepreneur to lead the McKinney-Frisco Daily. While I enjoyed getting to know this community, we want to pass the torch to someone truly local to write about McKinney-Frisco for the long term. So if you want to earn some extra income while making this newsletter a more valuable resource for your neighbors, Learn more and apply here.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A storm around the afternoon High: 75 Low: 45.
Here are today’s top three stories at McKinney-Frisco:
- TxDOT is hosting a virtual and in-person public meeting to gather feedback for improvement studies on US 380, an eight-lane freeway, between Coit Road and Farm to Market Road 1827 in Collin County. The meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 22 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Collin County College’s Central Park Campus Conference. The studies will provide an update on the environmental impact statement process, including environmental results and design drawings for building alternatives. (Featured local media)
- McKinney-based TexasMed just launched its first medical coworking space in Dallas-Forth Worth. Healthcare practitioners can rent furnished medical office space without a lease commitment. Perks also include all-inclusive services, low hourly rates, and an on-site receptionist ready to see patients. (PR Newswire)
- More than $100 million in renovations and new construction will be invested in Frisco by various companies, three of which have a heart for animals. Scenthound Grooming, Best Friends Doggy DayCare and Easyvet will invest over $1 million in renovations combined. The Brinkmann Ranch and Psychiatric Clinic at the Centennial Professional Offices have new construction plans underway. (Community Impact Journal)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you by Ring, a Patch brand partner. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is acclaimed by consumer electronics experts? (CNET reviewers called the new system – known as the the Ring Alarm Pro — “a giant leap for home security”). So why the congratulations?
In a nutshell: Ring Alarm Pro can protect your home online and offline. It includes a built-in eero Wi-Fi 6 router to help you get reliable physical and digital security in one innovative device. Now you can help protect your home with all the benefits of the Ring Alarm, to keep your home safe and secure, while enjoying fast and reliable connectivity.
To learn more about the system CNET called “the future of home security” or to create your own custom system, you can visit Ring here.
Today in McKinney-Frisco:
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration – SRC At McKinney Parks and Recreation (8:00 a.m.)
- Technical assistance (adults) At the John and Judy Gay Library (10:15 a.m.)
- Open Gymnasium for Moms and Toddlers – OSRC At McKinney Parks and Recreation (10:30 a.m.)
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu – Apex Center At McKinney Parks and Recreation (5:15 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Take a closer look at the latest McKinney-Frisco real estate listings by checking out these three open houses in the area. These 4 to 5 bedroom homes, priced from $475,000 to $679,000, will please the most demanding buyer. (McKinney-Frisco patch)
- As part of its Spring Family Let’s Dance series, the Plano Symphony Orchestra will perform three daytime concerts with music from popular movies like “Encanto”, “Star Wars”, “Ghostbusters” and “The Little Mermaid”. The McLane School of Irish Dance will take part in the concerts. (Broadway world)
- Lord of the Rings fans will be delighted to hear that there is a Hobbit-themed Airbnb in McKinney. The Hobbit House, with its cobblestone walkways, lush greenery and bespoke round doors, is just one reservation away. (Only in your state)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Retirement Tax Seminar (March 17)
- FREE WEBINAR | Saints, symbols and spaghetti (March 18)
- Breast ultrasound screening comes directly to you! (March 21st)
- Estate Planning Webinar (March 21)
- Bach’s birthday party (March 21)
- Virtual Medicare 101 with Sid Martinez (March 22)
- American Diabetes Association Diabetes Alert Day: Understand Your Risk (March 22)
- Seminar on social security (March 24)
- Add your event
Do you like the McKinney-Frisco Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
You are now aware and ready to go out this Thursday. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with your next update!
— Nicole Fallon Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and editor with a degree in media, culture and communication from New York University. She has been a freelance journalist, editor, managing editor and editorial director for various B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and manages content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.