Welcome back, Bridgeport. Here’s all the local news, events, and community messages you need for Saturday, November 6.
Here are the best stories in Bridgeport today:
- Bridgeport man charged with homicide in April 2020: The man has been charged with a home invasion and shooting in Stratford. (CT Post)
- Man saves women and children from Bridgeport apartment fire: A fire ravaged an apartment building on Williams Street on Friday. (News 12 Connecticut)
- Indoor Chemical Release Reported to Bridgeport: A chemical defined by firefighters as a “glue substance” was reportedly released at a site on Cogswell Street in Bridgeport on Friday morning, necessitating the evacuation of the building. (Bridgeport Patch)
- Housatonic Community College partners with area churches to boost Bridgeport vaccination rate (Press Releases Office)
- Five animals announce their candidacy for the Mayor’s race at CT’s Beardsley Zoo (HamletHub)
- Bridgeport offers COVID boosters as vaccination rate stalls (CT Post)
- State Supreme Court upholds Bridgeport job-related murder case (CTPost)
Today in Bridgeport:
- National Bison Day – Beardsley Connecticut Zoo (12:00 p.m.)
- Operation: Training for warriors (12h00)
Bridgeport Patch Book
- Bridgeport, Connecticut Animal Control: “DOG OF THE DAY! Brandy! Brandy is sitting pretty – so patient and waiting for her to shine! Look at her. Can’t you see she’s the star of your vacation photos? We can’t wait to have her shine!” news you- ask about Brandy today! Applicatio … “(Facebook)
- Bridgeport Library: “For the history of Bridgeport, see the Bridgeport History Center https://bit.ly/3jab7nH_Bridgeport_History_Center” (Facebook)
- Catholic Schools of the Diocese of Bridgeport: âIt’s not always the students who learn new things in school. When Dr. Steven Cheeseman visited St. Ann Academy Bridgeport, he came away knowing more about the Saints than he did when he did. he came in, especially St. Stephen. He learned … ” (Facebook)
- City of Bridgeport, CT – Government: “Five animals announce their candidacy for the race for mayor of Beardsley Zoo in Connecticut!” Vote today http://ow.ly/kuCM50GG5Bj. Polls close on Thursday, November 18 at 4 p.m. #bridgeport #CTZoo â(Facebook)
- Bridgeport, Connecticut Animal Control: âStay alert for ticks! Here’s how to safely remove a tick from your pet. ” (Facebook)
- Bridgeport YMCA: âKudos to Paul the Plumber, Inc. for speaking with our teens about their profession, business and career path. It was fun to learn more about their experiences! #ForYouthDevelopment â(Facebook)
- Bridgeport YMCA: âSince 1996, the YMCAs have celebrated Military Family Month to recognize the dedication and sacrifice of service members and their families. #MilitaryFamilyMonthYMCA â(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Concerts and services:
Please follow and stay informed! I’ll see you soon. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Chris rhatigan
About me: Chris Rhatigan is a freelance writer and editor. He previously worked for publications such as The New Haven Register and The Iowa City Press-Citizen.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Bridgeport Daily? I’m all ears. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.