Hello, neighbors! William Bornhoft here with a new issue of the Minneapolis Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day: Morning drizzle, then rain. High: 53 Low: 45.
Here are the best stories in Minneapolis today:
- Sidecar – The town hall’s new cocktail bar – is officially open in Minneapolis. (Bring me the news)
- Why did Mayor Jacob Frey not insist on a after action report following the death of George Floyd? (MinnPost)
- The Twin Cities are among the best places for Halloween. (CBS Minnesota)
- Two colleges in Minnesota among the best in the world: US News (Minneapolis Patch)
- Minneapolis considers crackdown on catalytic converter theft. (Axios)
- Xcel wants to increase Minnesota’s residential electricity bills by nearly 20 percent. (Minneapolis Star Tribune)
- Eight days before the election, the number of early votes is skyrocketing in Minneapolis. (KARE11.com)
Today’s Minneapolis Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
Today in Minneapolis:
- AVID 12 school trip – Roosevelt Senior High (9h00)
- Board of Directors and Neighborhood Meeting – Victory Neighborhood Association (5:30 p.m.)
- Polar Parents Meeting – North Academy Senior High (5:30 p.m.)
- NLNA Board of Directors Meeting – North Loop Neighborhood Association (7:00 p.m.)
- Minneapolis Farmers Market: âWe still have one more weekend before we start our winter program in November! “(Instagram)
- Minneapolis Public Schools: âHelp us spread the good news – WE ARE HIRING! From general education to doctoral studies, MPS offers a plethora of featured jobs with phenomenal career paths. We are proactively researching:)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Wednesday! I’ll see you back in your inbox tomorrow with your next update. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider bringing friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Guillaume Bornhoft
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Minneapolis Daily? You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.