Welcome, Bridgeport. Here’s all the local news, events and community posts you need for Wednesday, January 19.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Mostly cloudy; windy, milder. Top: 44 Bottom: 35.
Here are the top stories in Bridgeport today:
- Bridgeport man injured in NH snowmobile accident: A Bridgeport man was injured in a snowmobile accident in New Hampshire over the weekend. (Bridgeport patch)
- Bridgeport police arrest 2 minors in stabbing robberies: Police have arrested two teenagers charged with a series of armed robberies, according to a report. (Bridgeport patch)
- Police: Driver identified in fatal pedestrian hit-and-run in Bridgeport (CTPost)
- Storm damage closes 2 Bridgeport parks (News 12 Westchester)
- Bridgeport Area Real Estate Overview (Bridgeport patch)
- Obituary: Robert N. Ramos, 74, of Bridgeport (Bridgeport patch)
- Bridgeport Superintendent: Thomas Hooker School closed Tuesday (CTPost)
Today’s Bridgeport Daily is brought to you in part from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you locate the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t pay too much. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
- Bridgeport Public Library: “For Bridgeport history, see the Bridgeport History Center https://bit.ly/3jab7nH_Bridgeport_History_Center” (Facebook)
- Bridgeport YMCA: “In honor of #MLKDayofService, we encourage everyone to find a volunteer opportunity for 2022. Consider joining one of our Togetherhood programs and working alongside others to help our community. Call the Y for more! #GiveBack” (Facebook)
- Bridgeport YMCA: “In January, the Y will receive a $1 donation for every purchase of the $2.50 Reusable Community Bag at the Stop & Shop store located at 2145 Fairfield Avenue, Bridgeport CT. (Facebook)
- Bridgeport, Connecticut Animal Control: “I just passed with our Amazon wishlist! Thank you to all of our supporters! https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/92NS1MOGPZIS?ref_=wl_share” (Facebook)
- Bridgeport YMCA: “January is oatmeal month! Celebrate with this easy and hearty overnight oatmeal recipe from @ymcawnc What are your favorite oatmeal toppings? #oatmeal #recipes #breakfast” (Facebook)
- Nextdoor neighbor, Maplewood/Colorado: “Hey, maybe someone can explain it. – My friend pointed out that my plates are commercial. I just got new plates transferred from New York and I have a truck. I’m driving and I see many trucks with the same type of plate. But others don’t…” (The next door)
- Next door neighbor, Charcoal Pond: “Hi everyone! – So I’m looking for someone or people, neighbors, college students, who could help me make some trips. I’m without a car at the moment and I need to go to the doctor, run errands, anywhere. Please contact me if possible and in…” (The next door)
- Sergeant Michael Stahl, Fairfield Police Department: “Welcome Fairfield Police Interns, Spring 2022! – The Fairfield Police Department welcomes its newest interns for the Spring 2022 semester! Evan Strauser – Housatonnic Community College Anna Ocheretyansky – New Haven Sam University…” (The next door)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Bridgeport Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are officially informed for today! I’ll see you in your inbox tomorrow morning with a new update.
— Chris Rhatigan
About me: Chris Rhatigan is a freelance writer and editor.